Association for Talent Development (ATD), in partnership with the Fox Valley SHRM Chapter proudly presents guest speaker, Jonathan Fanning!
All of Jonathan Fanning’s programs draw from the lives of servant leaders and organizations who have left a lasting positive impact on the world around them. Inspiring anecdotes include lessons from William Wilberforce, Walt Disney, Harriet Tubman, Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Winston Churchill, and Martin Luther King. “Who are you BECOMING as a Leader?” introduces the two ingredients that the greatest leaders all have in common and a simple formula for enhancing leadership in your own life and organization. In this thought-provoking speech and workshop, Jonathan shares lessons from the best leadership development organizations in the world as well as heart-felt examples of applying these lessons in Fortune 500 companies, small entrepreneurial ventures, educational institutions, and at home! Participants will create their own “Simplest and Most Effective Leadership Development Plan” and a framework for coaching and developing leaders around them.
Who are you BECOMING as a Leader?
- Build and implement the "Simplest and Most Effective Leadership Development Plan.”
- Borrow lessons from GE, John Wooden, Starbucks and our nation's founders.
- What are the two necessary ingredients (we usually miss at least one) for personal growth?
- Inspiring stories from legends who have truly served the world around them.
- How to effectively build great habits into my life.
- Practical tools and strategies for taking creativity to the next level.
- Increase courage, responsibility, teach-ability, personal clarity, servant leadership.
- Practice the 6 pillars of creativity from history's most creative leaders.
- Enhance the creative capacity of your organization. Practice new tools on your real challenges.
- Learn practical tools and strategies for taking your personal creativity to the next level.
- Consistently ask better and bigger questions, as leaders and as an organization.
- Apply best practices from some of today's best and most creative organizations into your world.
- Challenge your limits and get unstuck!
Jonathan Fanning is the author of Who are you BECOMING? and has spoken to audiences in almost all 50 states and on three continents. Clients include Mars Chocolates, the U.S. Army, the Fire Department of New York, Future Business Leaders of America, Mercedes Benz, churches, schools, and hundreds of great non-profit organizations. Jonathan is also very active coaching leadership teams who are not willing to settle for “good enough.”
A traumatic car accident and several other “Frying Pan” moments in the middle of Fanning’s career as a management consultant to Fortune 500 companies triggered a quest for a deeper sense of purpose, meaning, and significance. “Who are you BECOMING?” and “Who are you helping others to BECOME?” became central to Jonathan’s life, businesses, and speaking. With over fifteen years of experience coaching leaders, from Fortune 500 executives to sole proprietors, Jonathan has developed expertise in the principles, practices, and challenges of creating a worthwhile vision and becoming the leader capable of the worthy pursuit.
Fanning has built several successful businesses, including the largest franchise within a national children's fitness company and Entrepreneur Adventure, which helps young people experience business start-up and ownership. Jonathan shares his message with organizations around the world, inspiring with relevant stories, strategies, and practical application steps to help audience members challenge the status quo.
Jonathan lives in NY with his amazing wife, Dominika, and two angelic little girls, Ella and Maya.Schedule of Events:
7:00am - 7:30am Registration/Networking/Breakfast
7:30am - 8:00am Business Meeting
8:00am - 11:00am Key Note and breakout session
11:00am - Noon Book signing
Program has been approved for 3.00 General HR recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Program has been approved for 3.00 PDCs towards SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Calling all members! Fox Valley SHRM’s Workforce Readiness team is looking for additional help with two Mock Interview session with local high schools. On Thursday December 1st, we are assisting with mock interviews at Menasha High school for a couple of hours in the morning. The following Thursday, December 8th, we will be at Freedom High School from 7:45am to 9:45am. We are in need of several volunteers for both events. If you are able to help, please contact Jason Kanable at email@example.com.